- Car Accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security
- Dog Bites
- Premise Liability
- Family Law
Attorney Omar Sheriff was born and raised in the city of Detroit and currently resides in Southfield Michigan. He attended Wayne State University where he earned a BA in Economics. He then attended University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he graduated cum laude in May of 2013.
While in law school, he earned four book awards. Attorney Sheriff also earned two academic scholarships for academic achievement. During his time in law school, he was a teaching assistant for the 1L writing course and a member of various organizations including BLSA (Black Law Students Association), St Thomas More Society (Volunteer Organization) and the SBA (Student Bar Association).
Also while in law school, Omar interned for Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette (Criminal Division) and the Honorable Mark Randon. He also worked in the Misdemeanor Defenders office for the 36th District Court and the 52-4 District Court. He also was a law clerk for a Bankruptcy attorney.
Omar is admitted into the State Bar of Michigan and Federal Eastern District of Michigan. He is a member of the Oakland County Bar Association, American Bar Association and the Michigan Association of Justice. Omar joined the Seva Law Firm in August of 2014 working on auto accident and workers compensation cases.
Outside of the practice of law Mr. Sheriff enjoys reading, playing cards, exercising and watching sports. He is also an amazing cook!
- Wayne State University, B.S. 2009 (Cum Laude)
- University of Detroit Mercy, J.D. 2013 (Cum Laude)
- State Bar of Michigan, 2013
- Federal Court Eastern District
- Michigan Association of Justice
- Detroit Metro Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Trial win in Muriel Jones v State Farm (Wayne County Circuit Court 2017)
- Trial win in Antonio Jones v State Farm (Oakland County Circuit Court 2018)
- Multiple six-figure settlements every year since 2015